Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BOA St. Louis

Default Re: BOA St. Louis

Many great bands in St Louis. Many great bands will be disapointed. The usual finalists will be there. No surprises in St Louis except an Illinois band could be disappointed and maybe one of the Missouri left out of Finals. One small surprise could be a Colorado band sneaking into 14th.

Before this year, I had never heard of Bentonville either, but their show is quite a spectacle. It definitely has a lot of potential for BOA. Jenk's show does too, which by the way, here's the results of how they placed at the Broken Arrow Invitational this past weekend:

Finals Results

78.95 Union H.S., OK
    78.40 Jenks H.S., OK
    77.25 Kickapoo H.S., MO
    75.00 Little Elm H.S., TX
    74.50 Camdenton H.S., MO
    72.70 Van Buren H.S., AR
    71.70 Coweta H.S., OK
    70.10 Edmond Memorial H.S., OK
    70.05 Nixa H.S., MO
    64.55 Moore H.S., OK
    62.50 Bartlesville H.S., OK
    59.75 Enid H.S., OK
    Outstanding Music Performance Jenks H.S., OK
    Outstanding Visual Performance Union H.S., OK
    Outstanding General Effect tie; Jenks H.S., OK / Union H.S., OK

Prelims was pretty close too.

Class AAAA
    1st Union H.S., OK
    2nd Jenks H.S., OK
    Outstanding Music Performance tie; Jenks H.S., OK / Union H.S., OK
    Outstanding General Effect Jenks H.S., OK

Watch out for Rosemount. I would say it may be the best Rosemount ever. Regarding Minnesota bands, they are all contenders. I say EP and Rosemount in finals for sure. Irondale, Marshall, and Eastview trailing them. Rosemount is looking for a AAA Championship again, Irondale is definitely pulling out all of the stops for AA, and Marshall is looking for class A champions again. Would be fun to see MN take 3/4 classes at St. Louis.

Okay. Thank you. Now I really want to see them. I love seeing bands that I haven't heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by almatho9 View Post
    Watch out for Rosemount. I would say it may be the best Rosemount ever. Regarding Minnesota bands, they are all contenders. I say EP and Rosemount in finals for sure. Irondale, Marshall, and Eastview trailing them. Rosemount is looking for a AAA Championship again, Irondale is definitely pulling out all of the stops for AA, and Marshall is looking for class A champions again. Would be fun to see MN take 3/4 classes at St. Louis.
    I've always loved Rosemount. One of those few bands that manages to put a really good symphonic band sound on the field every year. That's not an easy thing to do.
    Your lasting reputation as a music program doesn't come from the show you produce and put on the field this year. It comes from how you, your staff, your boosters, parents and students all treat each other and the people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Henson View Post
    I've always loved Rosemount. One of those few bands that manages to put a really good symphonic band sound on the field every year. That's not an easy thing to do.
    I agree, Rosemount always sounds great. Being from the area, however, I would have to say that Eastview has a better sound. They have a history of being one of the best sounding bands in the region, probably due to their most senior director, Mr. Bill Henry (Who I believe worked at Rosemount prior to Eastview being built in 1997).

Quote Originally Posted by ismensink View Post
    I agree, Rosemount always sounds great. Being from the area, however, I would have to say that Eastview has a better sound. They have a history of being one of the best sounding bands in the region, probably due to their most senior director, Mr. Bill Henry (Who I believe worked at Rosemount prior to Eastview being built in 1997).
    I will actually have to disagree. I feel like Eastview's sound isn't comparable to Rosemount this yer, let alone Irondale, Eden Prairie, and Marshall. Obviously I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Before this year, I had never heard of Bentonville either, but their show is quite a spectacle. It definitely has a lot of potential for BOA. Jenk's show does too, which by the way, here's the results of how they placed at the Broken Arrow Invitational this past weekend:

Finals Results

78.95 Union H.S., OK
    78.40 Jenks H.S., OK
    77.25 Kickapoo H.S., MO
    75.00 Little Elm H.S., TX
    74.50 Camdenton H.S., MO
    72.70 Van Buren H.S., AR
    71.70 Coweta H.S., OK
    70.10 Edmond Memorial H.S., OK
    70.05 Nixa H.S., MO
    64.55 Moore H.S., OK
    62.50 Bartlesville H.S., OK
    59.75 Enid H.S., OK
    Outstanding Music Performance Jenks H.S., OK
    Outstanding General Effect tie; Jenks H.S., OK / Union H.S., OK

Prelims was pretty close too.

Class AAAA
    1st Union H.S., OK
    2nd Jenks H.S., OK
    Outstanding Music Performance tie; Jenks H.S., OK / Union H.S., OK
    Outstanding General Effect Jenks H.S., OK
    Jenks would have beat Union in finals by .05, but they received a penalty. It will be interesting to see how they score in STL.
    I'm sure Jenks is ramping things up this year since they will be attending GNs. Union changed arrangers this year and I'm not sure how things are working out. I haven't seen anything but a few tiny clips of each show.

Quote Originally Posted by macwinlin View Post
    Jenks would have beat Union in finals by .05, but they received a penalty. It will be interesting to see how they score in STL.
    I'm sure Jenks is ramping things up this year since they will be attending GNs. Union changed arrangers this year and I'm not sure how things are working out. I haven't seen anything but a few tiny clips of each show.
    Wayne Downey from the Blue Devils is their arranger this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sdub6000 View Post
    Wayne Downey from the Blue Devils is their arranger this year.
    Were you referring to Union or Jenks?

Wayne has worked with Union for at least a few years now. Not sure if he arranged for them or consulted, but he's always considered them to be one of "his" groups that he keeps an eye on.
    Your lasting reputation as a music program doesn't come from the show you produce and put on the field this year. It comes from how you, your staff, your boosters, parents and students all treat each other and the people around them.