Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3AAA South Carolina Upper State & State Predictions

ditzflute Guest

Default 3AAA South Carolina Upper State & State Predictions

Hi I'm in the WHHS band of Greenville,South Carolina & I figured why not get some predictions of fellow 3AAA class state people and see what we things going to happen this year.

Here's what I think it's going to be :

FORT MILL-1ST
    WHHS-2ND
    WREN-3RD
    YORK-4TH
    DANIEL-5TH

& I'm undecided on who I think the 6th band will be but they allow 6 of us from the upper state to go to state the other bands are:

KEENAN
    CLINTON
    PICKENS
    BEREA
    CLOVER
    SENECA
    JL MANN
    BELTON HONEA PATH
    TRAVELERS REST
    CHESTER
    EASTSIDE

Ok...Thanks and I'm sorry about all the caps but
    It makes the band name's stand out.

Alison Guest

Default SC 3AAA Bands

I don't know much about the 3A bands in SC this year, but I do know that Middleton has a really good show this year, and that they'll probably do really well at state and lower state. I'm not sure about the upper state bands, much, but Lugoff-Elgin won lower state last year, i'm not sure how they're doing year. All I have to say is good luck to all the SC bands this year...good luck and have fun!

Alison Guest

Default 5AAAAA Bands

Does anybody have any predictions about South Carolina bands in class 5A for this year?

Default SC 5A State

I haven't seen everyone's show yet, but from what I've seen, it looks like it will be between Irmo and Lexington again. Although one band I haven't seen yet is Summerville, and I never count them out.

A BLAZIN BONER Guest

Default Bands

This is how I see it.

5A
    1-Irmo
    2-Lexington
    3-Wando
    4-Northwestern
    5-Summerville
    6-Rock Hill

4A
    1-Byrnes
    2-Ridge View
    3-Walterboro
    4-Easley
    5-Goose Creek
    6-Dutch Fork

3A
    1-Fort Mill(will blow everyone away in 3A)
    2-Wren
    3-Daniel
    4-York
    5-Clover
    6-Lugoff-Elgin

2A
    1-Silver Bluff
    2-Gilbert
    3-Chapin

1A
    1-Indian Land
    2-Great Falls
    3-Wagner-Salley

another blazin boner Guest

Default dude!

i agree with you totally...on all that. Fort Mill is way too good and its kind of unfair for them to be in 3a, but oh well...Ridge View is going to give Brynes a run for their money. They seem like underdogs, but if they can play their show just perfect, they have got one heck of a chance.
    IM ME AT PIMPDAWGJ8

peanut16 Guest

Default SC Bands

It's gonna be very interesting this weekend at the Southern States festival in camden. I've heard that Irmo, Summerville, Wando, and Walterboro are all going to be there competing against each other. I can't wait to see how that contest turns out...all 4 of those bands are awesome this year.

Default 2A State

I agree with you too, all except for 2A. There's an underdog out there this year - Swansea. Don't know what happened to light a fire under Swansea, but they are terrific this year. Last weekend at Southern States, they beat Chapin by over 4 points, and came in second to the defending 2A champs Silver Bluff by only three-tenths!

And don't forget Blue Ridge, Barnwell . . .

2A is going to be THE contest this year!

NCgirl Guest

Default SC State

I am in NC, but I keep up with SC bands a lot. As far as 3A goes, FT. Mill beat my band by a lot this weekend, and we are one of the best bands in NC. (Northwest Cabarrus) As far as 5A goes, I have to go with Irmo.

Tuba in NC Guest

Default Well...

I dunno about Irmo beating Lexington this year. Irmo is awesome, granted, but if you are who I THINK you are, you're biased. Lexington was (I think) 4th in Johnson City behind Byrnes, Ft. Mill, and Lafayette. They are definitely a band to be reckoned with this year, as they are in all years. Irmo has had their 5 years in the sun. Time for a new champ in 5AAAAA.