Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: UIL - Texas 5A State Marching Contest Resuts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hurst, Texas, United States.
    Posts
    500

    Post UIL - Texas 5A State Marching Contest Resuts

    ************************************************** *************


    1 Marcus HS, Flower Mound---------------1 1 1 2 1-- *6*
    2 Bell HS, Hurst----------------------------4 4 2 1 2 --*13*
    3 Duncanville HS, Duncanville -----------2 6 4 4 9 --*25*
    4 Bowie HS, Austin------------------------5 3 7 5 5 --*25*
    5 Coppell HS, Coppell---------------------3 5 9 3 6 --*26*
    6 Hebron HS, Carrollton------------------8 2 5 7 7 -- *29*
    7 The Woodlands HS, The Woodlands----9 8 3 8 3 -- *31*
    8 Berkner HS, Richardso------------------7 7 8 6 4 --*32*
    9 Spring HS, Spring-----------------------6 10 6 9 10-- *41*
    10 Westlake HS, Austin-------------------10 9 10 10 8 --*47*

    ************************************************** *************


    Congrats to everyone who participated!
    Last edited by johnsonTrpt05; 11-03-2010 at 04:03 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I dont know much about UIL, but do they post state scores?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonTrpt05 View Post
    *********************

    1 Marcus
    2 LD Bell
    3 Duncanville
    4 Bowie
    5 Coppell
    6 Hebron
    7 The Woodlands
    8 Berkner
    9 Spring
    10 Westlake

    *********************

    Congrats to everyone who participated!
    And excuse me for being rude, congrats to all bands! Very suprising results for me!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing, IL
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidWAmericanArts View Post
    I dont know much about UIL, but do they post state scores?
    3A Prelims: http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=3A&s_round=1&s _display_sw=R
    3A Finals: http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=3A&s_round=2&s _display_sw=R

    5A Prelims: http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=5A&s_round=1&s _display_sw=R
    5A Finals:http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=5A&s_round=2&s _display_sw=R

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    schertz, texas, united states.
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidWAmericanArts View Post
    I dont know much about UIL, but do they post state scores?
    http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=5A&s_round=2&s _display_sw=R

    There you'll find finals and prelim results. The first 3 rankings are music judges, last 2 are marching judges. You add up the rankings to get a total "score", the band with the lowest numeral wins. Congrats to Marcus on 3 straight golds! Congrats to Bell for top 2 for 12 years (6 state comps)! This was a great finals lineup last night, and all should be proud of their accomplishments.
    this is Andrew's profile

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidWAmericanArts View Post
    And excuse me for being rude, congrats to all bands! Very suprising results for me!
    What exactly is surprising? I think pretty much all of them are spot on judging by the UIL criteria. I was hoping to see Bowie medal though :/

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellopwn View Post
    What exactly is surprising? I think pretty much all of them are spot on judging by the UIL criteria. I was hoping to see Bowie medal though :/
    I am from the midwest, so my judgement of talent has been purely based on what I see when they go to Grand Nats.. I didn't know the talent was so deep!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Keller, Texas, USA.
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidWAmericanArts View Post
    I am from the midwest, so my judgement of talent has been purely based on what I see when they go to Grand Nats.. I didn't know the talent was so deep!
    Perhaps food poisoning has affected my thought process, but I'm confused by this statement...
    Fossil Ridge c/o 2004

    Harold Tate's Facebook profile

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here. Not there.
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bassclaristud View Post
    Perhaps food poisoning has affected my thought process, but I'm confused by this statement...
    I think he says that since he's from midwest, he doesn't see the Texas bands at all. So he the only time he gets to see them is Nats... and he thinks the talent is deep in Texas.
    This signature needs something witty.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    I think he says that since he's from midwest, he doesn't see the Texas bands at all. So he the only time he gets to see them is Nats... and he thinks the talent is deep in Texas.
    Let me just say this specifically... I knew Marcus, LD Bell, Woodlands, SFA, and other comman Grand Nationals Finalists were good, but I realized how deep the talent was when I saw how the Woodlands placed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •