Thread: Props for sale

Default Props for sale

The Normal Community Marching band has a number of props that are no longer needed and thought someone may have a need for them -- either for a field show, a winterguard show, or maybe a play. We have the following props: 8 carts on wheels that are 4' X 12' (included with each cart are 2 handles, a 10' tall metal frame to hold a tarp, a tarp, and some bungee cords -- we can sell all 8 carts or split up the set; we used these carts to display planes in this year's show); a 75% scale model of the Wright Brothers plane (when assembled it is 20' X 30' X 6'; when unassembled, it can fit in the back of a pickup truck -- it has wheels and moving propellers); 6 Greek "columns" (12' tall) that stand on wooden carts (used in our 1999 show - Escape from Plato's Cave); 4 wooden boxes of various sizes with steps (used as broken columns in the 1999 show). We are located in central Illinois and we will be co-host to the Midwest Regional Winterguard show in February 2001. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Default RE: Props for sale

Do you have pictures of the items for sale? What are you asking for any of the listed items?

Thanks,

Wendy

Default RE: Props for sale

Wendy, on our web-site, you can get a view of the carts, columns, and boxes (since our school district web-site is being revamped, I am unable at this time to show you the airplane because I don't have the 2000 Field Show up and running yet). Go to [url]www.unit5.org/music/nchs/band.htm[/url] to get into the NCHS Band web-site.

You will see the carts used during our Miss Saigon show in 1998 by going to [url]www.unit5.org/music/nchs/pictures.htm[/url].

In our 1999 show, "Escape from Plato's Cave," (go to [url]www.unit5.org/music/nchs/pic1999.htm[/url]) you will see the columns, the boxes with steps (these are in the front left of the show), and the carts were used to build the Parthenon AND 2 carts were used by our pit for the marimbas.

To get a closeup of the carts, go to [url]www.unit5.org/music/nchs/ironcrew.htm[/url] to see how the tarps are placed onto the carts.

At this time, we do not have a price for the pieces, but if you are interested in some of these props, send an email to [email]KENNEDYDK@aol.com[/email] and I will check with our Band Board to discuss a selling price. If you want to see a picture of the plane, I can send that to your home or school email address. Thanks for your interest.

--Doug